This a healthy and yummy recipe! We love cabbage rolls around here, but I really don’t like rolling up the cabbage wraps. So I basically made the same recipe as before but into a soup. I hope your family enjoys the recipe as much as my family does! Subscribe to my blog to receive great recipes, workouts and health tips throughout the week.
1 Large Onion
3 Cloves of Minced Garlic (Diced)
1.5 Lbs of 93/7 Lean Ground Beef
3/4 Cup Long Grain Brown Rice
1 Small Head of Cabbage (Cored and Chopped)
3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
1 (28 oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
4 Cups of beef Broth
1.5 Cups of Vegetable Juice (V8)
1 Teaspoon of Paprika
1 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Start with cooking the Brown Rice according to package directions. We want the rice precooked before adding to the soup.
- In a large pot add Olive Oil and Onion. Over Medium Heat, Saute onion until translucent.
- Add Garlic to the pot. Cook about 3 minutes before adding beef.
- Once you add Ground Beef, cook until no longer pink. This is where I add the Salt (maybe 1 teaspoon) and Pepper.
- Meanwhile, remove tough outer leaves from cabbage & remove core. Chop up cabbage.
- Add cabbage into pan and saute with the meat just until the cabbage begins to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to Medium Low. Cover and simmer on low for about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and removed the bay leaf.
- Enjoy! This recipe is perfect as leftovers. I think it taste best the next time around.