“We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become.”
Have you ever had tried a new diet or a new workout routine, but stopped before ever seeing results? Maybe you quit because it was too difficult to maintain overtime. I want discuss how small steps are the key to consistency.
I think we all know fad diets and some miracle supplement or drink isn’t going to change bad habits. Maybe at some point you’ve tried fast weight loss solutions such as: 1,000 calorie diet, strict dieting, low carb diet, cabbage diet, etc….. I think we all know a DIET is not healthy and is not the solution to a healthy lifestyle.
Today’s advice is to pick a couple small steps on following list and CONSISTENTLY do them until it’s a new habit. If you can follow something 80% of the time, you doing very well!
- Walk 3-4 days a week for 20-30 minutes
- No soda (even diet)
- Cut out processed sugars
- Add a vegetable to each meal
- Start taking a multivitamin every morning when you brush your teeth
- Drink 10, 8oz glasses of water
- Eat off of a smaller plate to help with portion control
- Track your foods through My Fitness Pal to become aware of what your consuming
On our Facebook tell me what steps you have consistently taken to a healthier lifestyle.